26 December 2008

Memento

«Hey, Syla how are you doing? I'm fine here, so I hope you are fine as well. You have to come to Timbala some day. I think you'll like it here.
For these days I've been here, the our shire's head family has claimed solidarity as an important issue in this new year festival. As well-informed as you are probably you'd already know about the worldwide economy crisis, don't you? So many things happened. A transport ship from Pon to Timbala was attacked by pirates. It seems like the goods are really wanted now. It seems like it is really afecting Timbala.
And then, there is this strange happening... People are getting weird kind of glowing spattergroit. Do you know what that might be? I think it may be a new virus, you know that kind of new specimen. I think there might be terrorists playing around with science and technology? I thought there was a person saying that 'We should try to make science more appealing and more fun and more like a game'. But I really don't agree, the matter is that science in a certaing level cannot be a game! That spattergroit can be really dangerous.
I'll be sent for an investigation in Pon. Maybe I'll bring a souvenir for you when we next meet.
Take care!
Happy New Year.
Kee»

Thus was the letter Keering wrote to Syla several months after their parting.
Syla smiled when she finished reading the letter. She sitted by her desk and simply wrote a note.
«Keering, it's nice to hear from you. And, I feel flattered to be recognized as a well-informed girl. I should say that flattery may lead you to some gifts from me from time to time. So, this time, here it is: for 'We should try to make science more appealing and more fun and more like a game', Search Leclow.
Hoping you to bring me something interesting from Pon.
Wishes,
Syla.»
Syla was in good mood. She expected Keering to write no sooner than one year, but she felt happy for he even remembered to think of her in his journey to Pon. What she wasn't ready, was for what would come next from her relationship with Keering which happened to be an inspector from Timbala's public security office as said in a secret profile her father handed her.

No comments: