31 May 2011

A day at pigeon's lair

Today morning, I decided to sing for a while when I couldn't keep studying. A couple of pigeons landed on my varanda. Maybe to hear me sing (kidding), more like just to find food. The thing is. That couple kept walking forth and back like they were gallanting. Is it because of the season? or just because it's sunny today? Either way. I'm barely home so I don't get to observe, yes observe not just watch and see. That couple was pretty cute, until a third pigeon came. Am I watching a love triangle? haha. Who knows... My voice is not as sweet as it used to be, nor I sing as well as I used to do, so maybe I scared those little flying things. They went away flying when I was singing my last song.
It's afternoon now. I'm sitting in front of my computer trying to study though I'm not being very successful. Six pigeons landed to snack. All happy back and forth, while I was calling my mom on the phone. And the snack, they decided to just stay and rest. For a moment, they were so still that I thought they were mumies. One of them really looks like it's dead. Hasn't moved for at least a quarter. If I was a painter I'd be in ecstasy. It's not everyday that you can have pigeons standing still and model for you. Man, I want to take a picture of this scene. Too bad I don't have a camera at hand.
Oh! One of the pigeons, let's call him Mark decided to go snack again. Its beak knocking on the curb sounds like drums. I say, Mark, have you ever thought that your vocation maybe drummer and not just pigeon? XD.

No comments: