31 July 2011

NaNoWriMo

Today I was feeling completely useless and hopeless. But, someone made me open my eyes. It made me not only feel a bit better about myself, but also it made me realise what I'm good at, and what I should do with my life. I always complain about not having time to write decently, then, someone suggested NaNoWriMo. I heard of it once when a friend of mine was furiosly writing to increase her word count. So I checked this website and found it quite interesting. The goal is to write 50k words from the scratch in a month. The main event is in November, not a very good time for me. Someone invited me to an August camp, but I declined. For August, my plan is just to try and finish some of my started works. I'm positive that I'll finish the last one I started. As for NaNoWriMo, I think I just found a very good way to start the first draft manuscript for a story anew. I'm in need of that, and NaNoWriMo implies 50k words in a month, very good for a start. There is going to be a lot of crap, but I think, it'll be just fine for the genre of novel I'm thinking of doing.

For anyone interested in these events as well,
http://www.nanowrimo.org/
and add me as buddy too! =)
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/828810

No comments: