4 June 2012

Seagull

Did I ever mention seagulls around my house?
I've been living in a very nice place at the top floor in the building. The place is an attic, but ti's full of light so I like it. the only catch was that I can hear way too well the seagulls, the sparrows and the dog barks.
Here I am, complaining a bit again. Because I love those birds and I love to hear them, but when one of them suddenly decides to knock on my window non-stop for the last week, my pacience burns dry.
On saturday, I didn't even have half an hour of silence until around 10pm. And I needed to study for the upcoming exams.
Yesterday, the gull was banging on my window again. I couldn't understand why that particular seagull wouldn't fly away even when I shooed it with a newspaper in my hand. So, I found a table and climb on and looked around. I was a nest behind one of the chimneys... And three cute little gulls walkings around the roof. Damn, I have little gulls taking a walk on my roof! No wonder the big gull wouldn't go away. Happens that Wikipedia tells me that the mother or parents tend the little gulls for one or two weeks after hatching. So I don't know when it hatched, but one or two more weeks of the knocking/banging on my window will get me crazy.
Today, it started around 5.30 in the morning! I couldn't even sleep straight! When it starts banging non-stop I just wish I could have something to kill the gull. But then I start feeling bad 'cause it's just trying to protect the kids. But hey, does that gull have to be that stupid? The window doesn't attack birds. I do! And I only do because that gull attcks the window insistently. Hello?! Stop attacking the window and no one will bother the happy little family.
I just wish the little ones would grow fast and just leave. I can't possibly take two weeks of this noise and not flunk my exams. Ah, too bad I don't have camera, I sure would liked taking a picture of those cute little devils that are having their parents drive me crazy.

No comments: