28 December 2012

Cloud Atlas

I happened to be intrigued by this movie. I never read the book. The trailer had some nice graphics, but the story was so confusing that it seemed like a nice movie to watch from the beginning. I can't say it's a great movie, but the concept is very good. I had to have wikipedia helping me out with all the characters and their worlds, but it was an exciting movie.
Now, I wish I could find the soundtrack somewhere. I mean, I don't know if the background theme music is the Cloud Atlas sextet, it sure was simple, yet absolutely beautiful. For now, here are some of my favourite quotes from the movie (not the book, since I haven't read it yet.)

"Truth is singular. Its versions are mistruths." Somni-451


"Our lives and our choices, each encounter, suggest a new potential direction. Yesterday my life was headed in one direction. Today, it is headed in another. Fear, belief, love, phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue long after we perish." Isaac Sachs


"What is any ocean but a multitude of drops?" Adam Ewing


"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tumb, we are bound to others, past and present; and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future" Somni-451

No comments: