7 January 2013

Chanterelle soup (w/Tofu)

Ingredients (serves 4):
Chanterelles (choose to your liking. more or less 100 grs is ok for 4.)
Shrimp 50 grs Tofu 350 grs
Tomato 1 medium size
Coriander (to your liking)
Chicken or any other meat stock
Corn starch 5 tsp

Chop the Chanterelles, Shrimp and tomato into small pieces.
Mince coriander.
Quick fry all and add the stock until it covers all the ingredients.
Chop tofu into small cubes and add to the soup. Season to your liking (salt, pepper, tomato paste, anise or other).
Put the corn starch in a bowl and add about 75 mL of water. Mix it well and stir it into the boiling soup.
Stir until the soup boils again.

I just bought chanterelles recently and decided that I wanted to eat them with tofu. As it was my first time buying those mushrooms, I searched the internet looking for recipes. But, I didn't find anything to my liking so I decided to make one of my own. It turned out pretty tasty, so you are welcome to try. I'm so happy that this experimental recipe turned out so well. Yes!!!

No comments: